Sunday, February 9, 2014

Bankruptcy Attorneys & Chapter 13

A Chapter 13 bankruptcy is usually used by those who either do not pass the Means Test due to
their income or have additional non-exempt assets that they would lose in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
In a Chapter 13 bankruptcy we are able to tackle bigger financial burdens such a tax debt,
foreclosures, and business debts. A plan is created specifically based on your income, expenses,
assets, debts and ability to pay each month. These plan payments are managed by your bankruptcy
trustee for a period lasting no more than 5 years. Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a great tool for those
who have more complex income and assets but still need to seek financial relief.

But is it worth it? This is a tough situation if you and your spouse both have jobs and massive
debt and cannot qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Although It may be extremely embarrassing to
file for any type of bankruptcy, sometimes it is absolutely necessary. So, when I began to fall in
the deep well of credit card debt, I knew I would need an attorney who could show me what was
going on all the while being understanding and non-judgemental. Basically, I wanted to be as
comfortable as I could when it came to filing for bankruptcy. I think finding the right attorney
was the key to this comfort.

So, how did I find the right attorney, you ask? I read somewhere that the best way to get an
attorney is to ask your friends and family if they know any bankruptcy attorneys. This way, it
would be easier for me to trust the lawyer and feel more comfortable.

My comfort was also strongly dependent on the price and payment plans, as money was my main
reason for being in this situation. I needed an attorney that could be informative, understanding,
and cheap!

I know, I know what you're thinking! "Dream on!" Right? Well, actually I found an attorney I
really trusted and could afford. He helped me out of my jam and now I am slowly paying off my debt
with an affordable monthly fee.

To me it was a big weight off of my shoulders after filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. At first it
was scary and embarrassing, but once you get an attorney you are really comfortable with to help
you through this pit fall, it's not so bad!

If you are really considering filing for bankruptcy, just start looking for a law firm and asking
questions. A lot of law firms offer free consultations.
----------------------------------------------------
Andrew Clifford is a long time client of a Chandler Law Firm at http://www.brown-associates.net
and has done extensive research on the differences of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy.


Posted by Randall Frier
http://leesburgbankruptcyattorney.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment